After nearly five years, I am trying to come off seroxat for the fourth time. I plan to keep a diary of my efforts and to discuss a few issues relating to the greed and lies of GSK, the makers of the drug, the woeful ignorance of the real effects of this drug amongst the medical fraternity and hope to find out what help is available to the thousands of people who struggle to come off it.

Wednesday 24 January 2007

Panorama, Monday 29 January

Just a quick one to say that Panorama are running another follow-up programme to their 'Secrets of Seroxat' edition which prompted 60,000 emails when they reported on the difficulties patients have coming off our little white friend. I have just written an email to them regarding the withdrawal symptoms in neonates/heart abnormalities issue. This is something I don't think was mentioned in previous programmes and yet it's there, in black and white, on the patient information leaflet. Have put the link on the left hand side of the page: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/5346938.stm

Grrrrr! I am getting all angry again now. Took 4.2 ml this morning and my stomach is a bit off it. Might have to pause at this level for a couple of days. I am going to risk a home-made mango and orange smoothie later - have generally been avoiding anything acidic. I will dilute it with crushed ice to take the edge off it. Rock 'n' roll!

No comments: