After nearly five years, I am trying to come off seroxat for the fourth time. I plan to keep a diary of my efforts and to discuss a few issues relating to the greed and lies of GSK, the makers of the drug, the woeful ignorance of the real effects of this drug amongst the medical fraternity and hope to find out what help is available to the thousands of people who struggle to come off it.

Tuesday 19 June 2007

0.7ml


Have been making a real effort to reduce my dosage every day for the last few days and am hoping to hit 0.5ml by the weekend (today is Tuesday) and to quite completely by the middle of July. Have been very down generally but reducing my dosage doesn't seem to have an effect on my mood; it's been low but stable. In fact, if anything, my moods seems to correlate with the prevailing weather conditions. Does this make me the most superficial person in the world? I hope so. Then all my problems could be solved by moving to Spain.


However, it's not Spain that I'm going to be moving to but Hong Kong. Him indoors has been made an offer from work he couldn't refuse. I could have refused it very easily, and wanted to, but as a compromise I am going for three months and if I hate it, I will come home. I am worried about everything, of course - the pollution (see photo), food, the humidity, where we will live, not knowing anyone, the business of the place (I have panic attacks in Soho) - but am trying to not get in a state about it. That is to say, I have already been in a state about it and it isn't particularly productive, so I've decided to take the zen route.
Not sure how good an idea moving somewhere quite so hectic is so soon after coming of seroxat. We are not due to go until September which gives me a while to completely come off. I suppose it will be a good test...

No comments: