After nearly five years, I am trying to come off seroxat for the fourth time. I plan to keep a diary of my efforts and to discuss a few issues relating to the greed and lies of GSK, the makers of the drug, the woeful ignorance of the real effects of this drug amongst the medical fraternity and hope to find out what help is available to the thousands of people who struggle to come off it.

Monday 16 July 2007

The End is Finally in Sight

Am now down to about 0.27 m. I've had a few headaches but I've taken to drinking about three pints of water every afternoon and this seems to have helped. I've not experienced anything weird for a while but I still can't quite believe that I'm going to get away with such an easyride. I fear something horrible will pop up to bite me on the bum just as I think I've got away with it. It could still happen when I come off completely so I will be taking the last bit very very slowly. A 1 ml syringe has recently come into my possession so I can be really quite precise about it. I'm hoping that the level of seroxat in my body is now so low that it won't notice its complete absence.

The bad news is that the weight I put on over the six years I've been on seroxat doesn't seem inclined to fall off of its own volition- I'm going to have to put in some serious work at the gym. BUT, I'm definitely not as hungry as I was before and I'm not getting the big blood sugar crashes I used to suffer from.

My moods are pretty even and stable, though I am consciously taking it particularly easy at the moment. Not sure how I would stand up if I got myself a proper job again and hd to commute. I was on the point of properly flipping out on the Central Line the other week when I got stuck in a very hot tunnel.

Still, it could be much, much worse.

No comments: