After nearly five years, I am trying to come off seroxat for the fourth time. I plan to keep a diary of my efforts and to discuss a few issues relating to the greed and lies of GSK, the makers of the drug, the woeful ignorance of the real effects of this drug amongst the medical fraternity and hope to find out what help is available to the thousands of people who struggle to come off it.

Tuesday 28 August 2007

The palpitations strike back

I went to see the doctor three weeks ago while at 0.3ml because I'd been having palpitations every day for at least part of the day for about 10 days. She was very sympathetic and thought that it was the seroxat withdrawal that was causing them and reassured me that while they are undoubtedly unpleasant, they aren't doing lasting damage to my heart. She said it was safe for me to exercise and that a bit of a work out might even get things working properly.

After that they pretty much stopped for a couple of weeks until this last weekend, when I finally got down to 0.2ml. Yesterday I woke up with that deep vibrating feeling in my chest and it didn't really go away all day. The same happened this morning. I'm avoiding all stimulants, but especially coffee and coke, and trying not to dwell on it, but it is a horrible sensation, the missed beats accompanied by a strange feeling at the back of my head. I am quite anxious at the moment anyway because of moving abroad and some other fairly horrific medical treatment I've been undergoing and whether the palpitations are being exacerbated by this, I don't know. I might try a long hard session of Cher Fitness: A New Attitude tomorrow - it's kill or cure.

No comments: