After nearly five years, I am trying to come off seroxat for the fourth time. I plan to keep a diary of my efforts and to discuss a few issues relating to the greed and lies of GSK, the makers of the drug, the woeful ignorance of the real effects of this drug amongst the medical fraternity and hope to find out what help is available to the thousands of people who struggle to come off it.

Thursday 1 February 2007

Back up to 4.2 ml

After four days of the following symptoms, I reluctantly decided to increase my dose a bit:
  • palpitations
  • horrible sickly tension headache
  • inability to sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time
  • all day drowsiness
  • sore eyes
  • wooziness whenever I bend down and stand up again
  • a couple of dizzy episodes
  • agitation

I think the rubber adaptor for the syringe has started to perish and as a result, I've been getting loads of massive air bubbles. This morning I poured a lod of liquid into the measuring cup and sucked it up from there (it's much gloopier than I thought and doesn't pour that easily) and that worked much better.

Am feeling cross with myself for having gone back up again but at the same time relieved to feel a bit more normal (although my eyes are still very sore and I'm tired). Hope after a decent night's sleep to go back to 4.1 tomorrow.

I read that avocadoes are very good for the brain so at least I have an excuse to feast on guacamole for the next few weeks.

No comments: