After nearly five years, I am trying to come off seroxat for the fourth time. I plan to keep a diary of my efforts and to discuss a few issues relating to the greed and lies of GSK, the makers of the drug, the woeful ignorance of the real effects of this drug amongst the medical fraternity and hope to find out what help is available to the thousands of people who struggle to come off it.

Saturday 10 February 2007

Feeling fantastic!

Actually, I've got one of those weird modern colds where you get a blocked up nose and then create mammoth amounts of thick snot, I have a slight, niggly headache and my nose is bright red from blowing it, BUT I feel hale, hearty and cheery. As any long term depressive knows, this probably means I'm going to crash into a pit of doom at some point fairly soon, but, for as long as it lasts, I am enjoying feeling upbeat.

Things that seem to have a positive effect on my mood:
  • the snow (even though it was pitiful how quickly it melted here - it just lasted long enough to have a yomp over the local play area in my wellies)
  • mini Creme eggs - one a day
  • chips - yes, I know this is exactly what I shouldn't be eating but then I did have it with fish (good for the brain) and peas (lots of roughage, as they used to call it, or fibre in the modern parlance). And I did make up for it by having healthy soup for tea
  • soul music
  • obsessively watching season three of 'The Wire' which has just come out on DVD
  • cleaning the house

I am now down to 3.8 ml and I think I'm just relieved not to be feeling as rancid as I felt the week before last. Once my nose cold has cleared up, it will be back to the gym for some gentle exercise. In the meantime, I will slowly, slowly keep reducing my dose and hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

No comments: